Natural Gas Services
Distribution Mains and Services
Scope of Work:
New Installations, Alterations and Disconnections.
Low Pressure Mains and Services – 21mbar to 75mbar.
Medium Pressure Mains and Services – 75mbar to 2 bar.
Intermediate Pressure Mains and Services – 2bar to 7 bar.
Planning & Design
- Initial feasibility study including cost estimates for large infrastructure projects.
- Detailed site survey to establish project specific requirements.
- Assessment of gas load and load profile for non-domestic gas users.
- Assessment of diversified and non-diversified gas demand for multiple housing sites.
- Liaison with the upstream Gas Transporter who owns the existing gas mains infrastructure to establish specific site design parameters.
- Identify a suitable Gas Transporter and arrange for adoption of the gas supply system following commissioning.
- Identification of a suitable point of connection to the public gas supply network.
- Identify any chargeable or non-chargeable mains reinforcement that may be required.
- Detailed design, pipe sizing and analysis using industry standard design software.
- Preparation of routine and non routine procedures for connection and commissioning purposes.
- Arrangement of road opening permits and any road closure/diversionary works with local authorities.
- Arrangement of wayleaves, deed of servitude and easement planning.
- Design work associated with any rail, bridge or river crossing.
- Preparation of risk assessments, method statements, COSHH assessments and safe systems of work.
- Preparation and implementation of all requirements to comply with CDM Regulations.
Construction & Commissioning:
- Installation of new gas mains and services.
- Diversion and replacement of existing gas mains and services.
- Installation of screwed and welded steel network risers and laterals for flatted property.
- Implementation and maintenance of a safe and secure working environment to comply with CDM requirements.
- Identification and tracing of existing underground utility plant.
- Implementation of traffic management systems including road closures.
- Supply and installation, of diversionary signage and traffic control equipment.
- Carry out pipe track excavation and reinstatement works in the public highway and within the site.
- Testing and commissioning of all pipework and associated equipment.
- Prepare Routine Operational Procedures and carry out the final connection to existing gas mains infrastructure.
- Industrial & commercial property, energy centres, housing developments, flatted property.