Gas & Utility Technology provides clients with support services including design, construction, maintenance and consultancy services relating to public and private water mains systems, communication pipes, sub-meters and service pipes to supply domestic, industrial and commercial sites both new and existing.
Our company has been accredited by Scottish Water as a Self Lay Organisation, as identified in the Water for Scotland document, and we also provide a design and construction service for self-lay water supply infrastructure. Following commissioning of our public water main infrastructure, the system is adopted by Scottish Water.
Of equal importance we recognize the need to meet our client's requirements regarding the programming and installation of utility infrastructure. We understand the importance of ease of contact and having effective communication with our clients both during the design and construction phase of projects. At project commencement we assign an engineer who becomes the single point of contact for all elements of the work. In the case of water supply systems this includes the design of the new private and adopted infrastructure and its installation and commissioning. Once assigned our engineer continues to liaise with the client through the full life cycle of the project.
During the construction phase we are readily contactable and responsive to any site requests for information/clarification on the installation of the utility mains, services and meters.
Within the water sector of the market we provide a range of services including the following design and construction activities:
- Water distribution pipelines.
- Water mains infrastructure, services and associated equipment/fittings for domestic and non-domestic developments.
- We also undertake the hydraulic testing and commissioning of all our installed pipework and associated equipment/fittings.
- Disinfection of all installed pipework and associated equipment/fittings.
- Supply and installation of secondary/sub-meters, including housings/chambers.
- Installation/construction of underground chambers for water equipment/fittings, as necessary.
Our company effectively provides a single point of contact for the design, construction, testing and commissioning of water supply infrastructure including all liaison with Scottish Water. In providing the above services, all necessary consultation and liaison with Scottish Water is undertaken to establish specific site design parameters and reinforcement requirements. Also, in the case of Non-Domestic situations, consultation and liaison with approved companies under the Scottish Licensed Provider Scheme.
- Industrial and commercial property, energy centres, housing developments, blocks of flats/apartments and individual domestic property.